Got 1099s with both an SSN and ITIN? Heres what to do with Taxes..

If you got an SSN mid-year and still have 1099s for an ITIN, you need to send a letter to the IRS saying that you have an SSN now and you will use it to file your tax returns instead of your ITIN. This information is straight from talking to IRS customer service. I couldn’t find any information on this online, so I had to call and ask. I couldn’t get Scottrade to reissue the 1099s with the SSN instead.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *